Judith's Breast Cancer Blog

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mill Valley

It will never be the same for me, because my office will no longer be right above the town square. Penny is moving her business office into her home, and then when the bad weather comes she will close altogether, sell her house in Mill Valley and move to Florida. I said goodbye to my office today . . .

Gail, an old friend from San Francisco who now lives in Atlanta with her husband and 5-year-old son, is in town visiting her parents and we just had a nice walk/visit. I've known Gail for years, since my girls were young, and there's something wonderful about having the kind of conversation once every few years that somehow fills in the gaps and reminds us why we really like each other.

Still thinking about that talk tonight, but wanting to go to minyan and then maybe do some chores. I feel great, not enough energy yet but still full of life.

My rabbi has been away on his annual family vacation in Israel, and he'll be back to work starting later this week. I have so much to share with him about all that's happened since he left town, both good and bad. I really need his sage advice about a number of topics . . . maybe I should call and make an appointment before all his time fills up. Before you know it, Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year) will be upon us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home